Thursday, April 30, 2009

Literary Excerpts



"Miserable wretch that I am!" groaned Jabez Stone. "I've brought you a devilish way, and now I see my folly. Let him take me if it wills. I don't hanker after it, I must say, but I can stand it. But you're the Union's stay and New Hampshire's pride! He mustn't get you Mr. Webster! He mustn't get you!" pg. 35 of The Devil and Daniel Webster by Stephen Vincent Benet



"After a sleepless night spent pacing the terrace, he made up his mind to go to Petersburg and punish those people - those who had failed to appreciate him- by trying to get himself transferred to another ministry" pg. 62 of The Death of Ivan Llyich by Leo Tolstoy



"For instance, I keep wondering, What if it's partly, maybe mainly, because of Shawn that I am who I am? What if God couldn't help Shawn be normal, so the next best thing he could do was give me everything, all of Shawn's talents and all of my own too?" pg 125 of Cruise Control by terry Trueman

No comments:

Post a Comment