Wednesday, March 18, 2009

David Hockney Assignment


My Other Half


I am you, and you are me,

We will be together eternally.


The same smiling grin we share,

Is something very difficult to compare,

Because even though we smile the same,

We will never share the same name.


I have the straight, light hair,

While your dark curls are very rare,

But together we form wavy lines

that will never cease to shine.


What sets us apart is our eyes,

That contain our hidden lies,

But behind all of the stares

Is somethings we undoubtedly share.


We tend to finish each other’s phrases

In ways that leave most dazed.

But you always are the optimist,

While I bear the burden of a pessimist.


You are my definite other half

and we have shared countless laughs,

All until the very end

we will share a bond that will never bend.


I am you, and you are me,

We will be together eternally.


2 comments:

  1. Kady this is soooo goood!! the whole thing is awesome!

    -Caroline Alm

    ReplyDelete